This plugin allows one to create footnotes by using markdown notation.
It is for footnotes only. No other markdown tag is taken into account
I have more [^1] to say up here. [^1]: To say down here.
If used with jetpack and enabled markdown, it only shows the buttons without modifying the text content.
Unlike jetpack-markdown, footnotes will appear in the exact point where they have been inserted. To go back to text mode click on the footnote number.
This plugin also works with Gutenberg. But the button only appears in the Classic Editor.
For now with Gutenberg enter the codes directly.
No configuration is necessary.
Considering that this plugin, like others working with “markdown”, parsing the page every time I load it, I highly recommend using a caching plugin.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/blank-footnotes’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Blank Footnotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed strings translation
- Fixed version
- Fixed typo
- Fixed plugin name
- Added note for Gutenberg
- Tested with WordPress 5.0.1
- Added note for Gutenberg.
- Fixed style according to WordPress Coding Standards for PHP_CodeSniffer.
- Tested with WordPress 5.0 classic editor
- Add domain path
- Fix typo
- Fix translation
- Fix jetpack detection
- Fix english language
- Fix text editor string
- Fix syntax for WordPress coding standard
- First version in WordPress plugins directory
- Added Documentation in PHPDoc format.
- Renamed some function with bfn_ preposition
- Added localization (in langs)
- Added italian language
- Added button for text editor
- Added button for TinyMCE
- Initial release
- Regex to convert Markdown footnotes to HTML